Friday, August 28, 2015

2011 Topps All-Star Rookies

Here's something you don't see much anymore--Topps All-Star Rookie trophies.  The 2011 Topps set included a 9-card subset featuring the classic trophy cup in the lower right-hand corner.  I was looking for '90s-born player cards in the '11 Topps base set in continuation of my previous post topic.  The one '90s-born player that I could find in the base set was Starlin Castro again.  I was trying to figure out why he had two cards (one with and one without a trophy), so I began looking at my other trophy cards and notice the same two-card production trend for each of them.  If it weren't for the card backs looking like a regular-issue base card, I'd pull this subset out of my team sets and include it with all of the other special subset cards that go in the back of my Topps set binder.  My next post will feature the actual first wave of '90s-born players that began appearing in the 2011 Topps Update set.



No comments:

Post a Comment