Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Current Cards of Rookies from the '90s

My last post described the oldest players still in the game, which begs the question--who's been in the game the longest?  Once again, I've sorted through my 2015 Topps base set, but this time, I pulled all of the cards of players that have played in the majors during anytime in the 1990's.  I found a total of only 14 cards--at least two of which have already ready retired.  Not surprisingly, all 14 cards represent players born in the 1970's that were included in my last post.  Here are the current player cards of the rookies of the 1990's in order by year of entry into the majors and then by amount of playing time during their first year.

1994 (1)- Alex Rodriguez



1995 (2)- Derek Jeter, LaTroy Hawkins



1997 (4)- Bartolo Colon, David Ortiz, Paul Konerko, Torii Hunter



1998 (4)- Aramis Ramirez, Adrian Beltre, Carlos Beltran, A.J. Pierzynski



1999 (3)- Tim Hudson, Joe Nathan, A.J. Burnett



No comments:

Post a Comment