Monday, January 18, 2016

Upgrading my 1991 Topps Traded set

Before delving too deeply into my latest set upgrade effort, I wanted to take a step back and provide an update of my busy winter effort.  Beginning during the playoffs last October, I've been on a major collecting binge that led to upgrades of all my sets between 1981-1992, including many other substantial additions.  Below is a picture of my 1991 Topps set, which the Traded set, Debut set, Glossy All-Stars set, Glossy Rookies set, and Wax Box set.  I've divided the set into three 1-inch binders that cost $0.99 each at Wal-Mart, and 130 Ultra-Pro Platinum pages.  I've got 10 new boxes of 1991 Topps Traded sets to upgrade my personal collection.  The first card, Juan Agosto #1T, was already an upgrade for me.


I went through the pile of Traded cards and pulled out 27 of the best cards I could find in the set.  Roberto Alomar and Gary Carter are the only two current Hall of Famers in the set right now, but there are a few more that have a shot of getting in eventually: Jeff Bagwell, Jack Morris, Tim Raines, and Ivan Rodriguez.








Well, I'd better get back to set upgrading now because there is still a lot to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment